Jan 21, 2008

sunny florida

I made a quick trip to Miami last week. My twin brother Dan had a board meeting there, and he invited me and my dad down to see Miami. While Dan was in meetings - we rented a car and explored everything in and around the city. Gotta say - I'm not much of a Miami fan. Sure, the beaches are nice - but the city itself is an architectural disaster. They have a gazillion condos and they're building a gazillion more - and they all look like crap. Just my opinion, but I don't think that style will stand the test of time.

We made a trip up the coast to see more beaches and other cities on Friday. They should rename Hollywood Beach - Geriatric Beach. You've never seen so many fat Canadian guys with their shirts off. And I mean really fat. Let's just say there were a lot of folks there that should not have gone in public with a bathing suit on. Ouch!

I think I left my photo-making skills back home too - I didn't find many keepers. Oh well, it was fun having some quality time with my brother and my dad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the presentation! Looks like you had decent weather, too. Something we haven't seen for ages here at home...

-Michael

Bruce L. Snell said...

I really love the light on the lifeguard shack.

-Bruce