Jan 21, 2009

ideas

It's been a busy couple months - so I've had my fair share of opportunities to come up with some creative ideas. My ratio of good to not-so-good is about 50/50. I think it gets harder as the years go by. Maybe my expectations are higher or perhaps I'm just more cynical. Who knows. The good news is that we live in a world full of inspiration. Technology gives us a front row seat to see and hear and experience gobs of creative stuff - old and new. So where do all of those tasty ideas come from? Do they drop out of thin air? Do they come from caffeine and nicotine and high fructose corn syrup? Long nights and early morning? Is there a creative fairy godmother? Or, do we all just borrow and steal and rip off ideas and find ways to make them our own?

I found this Jim Jarmusch quote on swiss miss. And then I "borrowed it." There you go.

No comments: